Monday, December 12, 2011

What credit cards do you know of that report to the credit bureaus when you are just an additional card holder?

I am trying to increase my score but can't have my own so I'm gonna have my mom apply for one and add me as an additional card holder which credit card companies DO report?|||They all do. Just make sure you apply for a no annual fee credit card.|||Old Navy credit card also does. It doesn't even have to be the Old Navy Visa, just the store card. I also know from experience that Victoria's Secret does not. However, be aware that the credit bureaus are trying to stop this practice as people were using it illegally to "piggyback" on other people's good credit. Paying to be added as authorized users and whatnot. I believe now they're only allowing immediate family to do this, and they may even stop that, in which case any points you've gained will be taken back.|||Interesting you should ask. My son decided he wanted to check his credit for the first time last night. He's 20 years old and has local bank visa and target card so he didn't hold much hope. Turns out his credit rating is 732! One thing we forgot is we have a Capital One card where I made him an additional card holder.





Lo and behold, that was on his credit report and since we've had it a long time. the credit amount is high and the balance is low and always paid... he looked like a rock star.





Can't speak for others but Capital One does.|||Yeah. That's a good question. If you are having problems applying for a credit card. Try this website. I was trying to do the same thing and i decided to apply by myself and they approved me. Please make sure you pay your balance off every month and after couple of months your score will improve.





www.getcreditoffer.com





Hope this helps.|||There's a handful of them, but I would just advise that you call and ask. Many of the store cards do like Old Navy, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment