Monday, December 12, 2011

How tough is it to get a credit card these days?

I signed up for Chase, got declined, signed up for Macys (which I heard EVERYONE gets approved for), and I again, got declined.





Im only 18. I never had a credit card before. I have a bank account/ debit card.





I just really want to build up my credit.





I go to college, I have a good job.





I just do not understand why I am getting declined for even the simipliest credit card.





What can I do? Help please!|||It's not you.


New Federal Rules passedin February of 2010 have made it nearly impossible for anyone under 21 to get a credit card.





You can get one if your parents co-sign on one for you.


But be careful - pay in full each month - or you can also devastate your parents credit.


Always remember that carrrying balances is a good way to destroy credit.


Always pay in full each month - no matter what.





You can get a secured card -


They carry an annual fee of about $60.


But still - if you are not over 21, this card will NOT turn into a credit card until then.


/|||Yes, as you have found out for yourself, it is tough to qualify for a credit card these days. Especially if you are under 21. They will want you to either prove income or have a cosigner.





Stop applying and go to your bank and ask about a secured credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment