Saturday, December 17, 2011

What should I look for when considering a credit card?

I'm currently a student in college, and I've been tossing around the idea of getting a credit card. I'm not that big of a spend so the card would only be used in emergencies or for a little extra vacation money. So my question is: given my situation what should I consider when looking at different credit cards?|||ok- from personal experience--


EVERYONE says they're not much of a spender, and would only use the card every once in a while.





I was like that too. ONE YEAR LATER, i started using the card when i went out to eat, and it started accumulating.





but if you want my advice,


visit americanexpress.com





they have a good introductory offer, and depending on your credit history, you might get lucky with a low APR after the intro period.





take a look into what charges are imposed--


such as transferring balances (if you get a second card later)


late fee, bounced checked or rejected payment fees.|||Low interest rate!! Read the small print though. many beginner cards will list a low introductory rate...then jack it up to outrageous amounts later on. Good luck!!|||Try this website, it will give you many options, look over carefully, and talk to your parents, or a adult friend, see what they think.





http://smartbalancetransfers.com/





Good luck.|||Low interest and no yearly fee. Just be very very careful, it is way to easy to get into debt or to have your card stolen!

No comments:

Post a Comment