Saturday, December 17, 2011

How long can a company wait to charge your credit card for a delivered item?

I purchased an item that was needed to be ordered and delivered. When I purchased it, they requested a deposit, for which I gave them my credit card. They stated they would charge the remainder after delivery to the same card on the account. Seemed fair to me. It was purchased on August 11th, delivered on August 28th. The deposit has been charged, but the remainder has not. How long do they have before it is no longer chargeable?


|||I know that by law they have 30 days to issue you a credit. Ex: taking shoes back.


Wait 30 days. I bet the charge will show up.


If not charged after 90 days, I bet they have to forfeit that charge.


I charged a waterpark fee in August and it just showed up on my credit card. I think they have 90 to make the charge.|||We should all be so lucky. I've heard of bank errors in your favor, but not of a company forgetting to bill you on a credit card. I did some research and found that a bank can come after you for an indefinite period for an error it makes in your favor, because, under the law, it is considered 'lost and found' money and you are obligated to report it. I couldn't find anything in the maze of Google unrelated stuff about how long a company has to collect on a debt they forgot to collect. Everything I saw goes to the debtors rights in false billing/overbilling cases, nothing the other way.





I'm guessing they have up to a year, but it could be longer. They can bill you indefinitely if they're billing you and you're not paying, so they may be able to come back against you indefinitely for one they overlooked.|||This is a good question. I don't actually think there is a time limit as such. I'm not sure with like statute of limitations or something similar would apply here. If it concerns you, ring them and ask them why they haven't charged you for it. If not, and it doesn't particulartly bother you, perhaps just don't say anything. It may have been overlooked or been deleted from there end or something. You may get away with not paying any more for it. hehe. If it's their mistake, let it go. |||You can better try this to get some useful links. It will help you a lot as it helped me.


http://personal-loan-info.freehostia.com/


All the best...|||Hi, 45 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment