Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I know when my credit card bill is due?

I checked last week to see when to pay my credit card, but there was no date listed. I paid anyway because it was a month since my last payment. Then I bought something for my mom who will reimburse me. She wants to know by when I need the money, but the credit card website still does not show a due date. Do I assume I have another month to pay it off?|||You get the card on 1 September. Say the billing date is the 28th. They mail it to you and you get it on the 3th of October(depending on when the weekend is). Your due date is then about the 22nd of October. They have to bill you and send you that invoce before you have a billing date.|||Discover is one of the cards that does this.


They give you the card, and it can take 2 1/2 months before they send you a statement.


This is done so you an rack up a huge bill.


When the bill comes in - you realize that you can not pay the bill in full and they will get you with interest.


You can call them up and just ask them "when is my closing date".


The closing date is the date they send you the bill in the mail.


Then you can ask "when is my due date".


You have 100% right to know these things - give them a call.


/|||Most bills have the due date written on the portion of the bill you have to submit with your check. If you can't find it there, look on the back of your credit card for the "Customer Support" phone number. You can find out via that route.|||account. I find that having it taken from the bank is a later date than if I were to go and pay the darned thing myself and worry about remembering to do so ! Check with your provider. You need to be happy with paying bills at all and especially on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment